The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card now offers a 60,000 point welcome bonus. Earn 60,000 points plus a 30% off promo code after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening. The card carries a $149 annual fee, applied to the first billing statement.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card is meant for the most frequent flyers of Southwest Airlines. The card offers 3x points per $1 spent on Southwest purchases, plus 2x points on hotel and car rental partners, local transit and commuting, internet, cable and phone services, and select streaming.
You also get 4 upgraded boardings per year (when available,) a $75 Southwest travel credit annually and 7,500 points each year on your cardmember anniversary.
The card also offers 10,000 companion pass qualifying points every year and 1,500 tier qualifying points toward A-List status for every $10,000 you spend on the card.
Learn more about how to apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card. Earn 60,000 bonus points plus a 30% off promo code after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
My take on this welcome bonus
This welcome bonus increases the number of points you earn by 10,000 over the previous bonus. And it gives you a 30% flight discount coupon. It also increased the required spending on the card to $3,000 in the first three months (previously $1,000). It’s probably worth applying if you are chasing Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Points.
A few notes on applying for Chase cards
- Chase generally won’t approve you if your credit report is showing 5 or more new credit card accounts opened in the last 24 months. This rule is knows as the 5/24 rule. If you’re unsure if you are “under 5/24” you should check your 5/24 status before applying for a Chase card. Note that recently this rule seems to have softened. See our coverage about Chase 5/24 for more.
- How often you can earn a welcome bonus on a Chase card varies by card family.
- Most cards allow you to earn a welcome bonus if it has been at least 24 months since your last received a welcome bonus on the same card.
- Chase Sapphire-branded cards, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you can only earn a welcome bonus once every 48 months.
- You can only hold one Chase Sapphire-branded card at a time.
- If you apply for a Chase card and the bank offers a higher bonus within 90 days, you can send Chase a secure message or call them to have your welcome offer matched.
- Chase business cards do not report to personal credit reports as long as they are current.