The best Amex Platinum welcome bonus currently available is 150,000 points after you spend $6,000 on purchases with your new card in your first six months of card membership.
I am currently seeing the 150,000 point welcome bonus on the Amex Platinum Card most of the time when using my referral link. (See screenshot, right.) If you are interested in getting The Platinum Card from American Express, this is one of the best offers that has ever been available on this card.
The referral link is for the American Express Business Platinum Card, but you can navigate on the page to find the personal platinum card. (See: How to find more offers using an Amex referral link, below.)
You might need to try different browsers or incognito/private browsing mode to get the offer to show. Here’s what worked for me:
- Safari – The 150,000 point offer displays in both a normal window and in private browsing mode
- Chrome (Mac) – The 150,000 point offer display only in incognito mode.
- Chrome (Windows) – The 150,000 point offer shows in both normal browsing an in incognito mode
Doctor of Credit also posted today that some users are seeing this offer when they open an incognito window while browsing the public Amex Platinum landing page.
How to find more offers using an Amex referral link
Most American Express referral links will take you to a landing page for the card that your friend holds. But you can also get great Amex welcome offers on other cards using most any referral link. To see more cards with welcome bonuses, scroll to the top of the page and click “View all Cards with a Referral Offer.” You can then look for other cards with (potentially) elevated welcome bonuses. If you want to change the type of card, click on “Looking for a Business Card?” or “Looking for a Personal Card?”
Once you do this, you’ll see a list of all business or personal cards, depending on what you selected. You can then use the filter options on the left side of the screen to find the card you are interested in.
Not all cards will be available under all links. Some business card referral links will only let you select business cards. And co-branded cards like the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card, Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card, or Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card will only show you cards offered in partnership with that hotel or airline brand.
Amex Platinum standard welcome bonus
The standard American Express Platinum welcome bonus is 80,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $6,000 on purchases within six months of card membership, as shown on the screenshot to the right.
American Express frequently runs elevated welcome bonuses through various channels. Chances are good that you can do better than the standard welcome bonus.
Historical welcome bonuses
Here are some offers that we know have been available in the past. Some of these may be available, but we only promote the best welcome bonus that we know about.
- Resy Offer – Working as of 1/25/2023 – Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus earn 10x points at restaurants worldwide on up to $25,000 in purchases during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Standard welcome bonus – Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases in your new card within 6 months of Card Membership.