The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card now offers a 60,000 point welcome bonus. Earn 60,000 points plus a 30% off promo code after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening. The card carries a $69 annual fee.
For Southwest Airlines flyers, the Rapid Rewards Plus card offers a handful of benefits that improve the flying experience. You get 2 EarlyBird Check-Ins each year and 25% back on inflight purchases on Southwest Airlines. Frequent flyers seeking qualification toward the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass will receive 10,000 qualifying points each year. And all cardmembers get 3,000 points as an anniversary bonus.
Learn more about how to apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card. Earn 60,000 bonus points plus a 30% off promo code after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
My take on this welcome bonus
This welcome bonus increases the number of points you earn by 10,000 over the previous bonus. And it gives you a 30% flight discount coupon. It also increased the required spending on the card to $3,000 in the first three months (previously $1,000). It’s probably worth applying if you are chasing Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Points.
A few notes on applying for Chase cards
- Chase generally won’t approve you if your credit report is showing 5 or more new credit card accounts opened in the last 24 months. This rule is knows as the 5/24 rule. If you’re unsure if you are “under 5/24” you should check your 5/24 status before applying for a Chase card. Note that recently this rule seems to have softened. See our coverage about Chase 5/24 for more.
- How often you can earn a welcome bonus on a Chase card varies by card family.
- Most cards allow you to earn a welcome bonus if it has been at least 24 months since your last received a welcome bonus on the same card.
- Chase Sapphire-branded cards, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you can only earn a welcome bonus once every 48 months.
- You can only hold one Chase Sapphire-branded card at a time.
- If you apply for a Chase card and the bank offers a higher bonus within 90 days, you can send Chase a secure message or call them to have your welcome offer matched.
- Chase business cards do not report to personal credit reports as long as they are current.