The Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card from Chase offers small business owners simple 1.5% cash back rewards on all their spending, with no caps or bonus categories to worry about. The card carries no annual fee.
The strength of the Ink Business Unlimited® card’s rewards is simplicity. You get 1.5% cash back on all of your spending. Chase markets the card’s rewards as cash back, but the card earns Chase Ultimate Rewards® points behind the scenes, which can be transferred to a premium Ultimate Rewards® card and redeemed for greater value.
The card offers a limited, but useful set of perks including primary auto rental collision damage waiver insurance when renting for business, purchase protection and extended warranty protection.
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card at a glance
Here’s what you need to know about the Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card.
Use this card for:
- General business spending – Earn 1.5x points
- Car rentals when traveling for business – Get primary auto rental collision damage waiver protection
- Items that can benefit from the Chase warranty protection
Consider other cards for:
- Business purchases like office supplies, telecommunications services, and advertising that earn greater rewards on other cards.
Earn $750 cash back after you spend $6,000 on purchases within the first 3 months after account opening.
- Primary auto rental collision damage waiver insurance when renting for business
- Extended warranty protection
- Purchase protection
Other important terms
- No annual fee
- 3% foreign transaction fee
Welcome bonus (First year value: $750)
If you apply and are approved for the Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card, you can earn a welcome bonus of 75,000 Ultimate Rewards points, worth $750 when redeemed for cash back when you spend $6,000 on the card within three months. This welcome offer requires only $2,000 of spending per month.
What you earn
75,000 Ultimate Rewards points – Worth $750 toward cash back redemptions
What you need to do
Spend $6,000 in purchases using your card
How much time you have
Within the first three months from the date your account is opened
The Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card offers unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase you make for your business.
How to use Chase Ultimate Rewards points
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited card earns its cash back rewards as Chase Ultimate Rewards points. You can always redeem your Chase Ultimate Rewards for cash back at 1 cent per point, but if you have a premium Chase Ultimate Rewards card such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Ink Business Preferred card, you can easily increase the value you get from the points.
Chase Ultimate Rewards card synergies
Chase Ultimate Rewards points can always be redeemed for cash back rewards at one cent each. This makes 10,000 points worth $100. But your points can become even more valuable when you hold a premium Ultimate Rewards credit card.
If you hold a Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Ink Business Preferred card, you have access to a handful of redemption options that can increase the value of your points:
- Point transfers to airline and hotel partners
- Increased value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Pay Yourself Back options
To use the points you earned from your non-premium Ultimate Rewards credit card for one of these redemptions, simply transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to your premium Ultimate Rewards credit card.
How to apply:
A few notes on applying for Chase cards
- Chase generally won’t approve you if your credit report is showing 5 or more new credit card accounts opened in the last 24 months. This rule is knows as the 5/24 rule. If you’re unsure if you are “under 5/24” you should check your 5/24 status before applying for a Chase card. Note that recently this rule seems to have softened. See our coverage about Chase 5/24 for more.
- How often you can earn a welcome bonus on a Chase card varies by card family.
- Most cards allow you to earn a welcome bonus if it has been at least 24 months since your last received a welcome bonus on the same card.
- Chase Sapphire-branded cards, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you can only earn a welcome bonus once every 48 months.
- You can only hold one Chase Sapphire-branded card at a time.
- If you apply for a Chase card and the bank offers a higher bonus within 90 days, you can send Chase a secure message or call them to have your welcome offer matched.
- Chase business cards do not report to personal credit reports as long as they are current.
Should you keep the Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card after the first year?
The Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card is offered with no annual fee. As it is a business credit card, it will not report to your personal credit report unless you make a late payment, so it won’t help you build your credit. Still, as a card with solid rewards for general small business spending, it can make sense to keep this card open after the first year. Here are the benefits that might make this card worth keeping after the first year.
- 1.5% cash back on all your business spending
- Extended warranty and purchase protection
- Primary auto rental collision damage waiver insurance when renting for business on a no-annual-fee card
In addition to earning 1.5% cash back on all your spending, the Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card offers a limited suite of benefits for small business owners who travel or purchase durable goods using the card.
Benefits most will use
Primary auto rental collision damage waiver (when renting for business): Decline the rental company’s collision insurance and charge the entire rental cost to your card. Coverage is primary when renting for business purposes and provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
Benefits some will use
Purchase Protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.